BizCyrano is meant to be a place to go for useful, insightful advice on how to navigate the world of modern professional communications. We hope you find it to be so–and encourage you to join the conversation yourself via the comment and discussion functions on this site and our various social media activities. However, there is a little “fine print” we respectfully ask you to read before you get too deeply involved with the site. We promise to avoid too much technical and legal jargon, and assure you that if it wasn’t important, we wouldn’t ask!
Please note that…
- The advice and guidance offered on the BizCyrano site, blog, social media pages, and other activities are offered in good faith for both insight and entertainment purposes. No advice or guidance offered via the site or any related BizCyrano-related activity or event can be guaranteed to be applicable to all readers and all situations, and all answers and responses are necessarily limited by the provided facts, information, context, and perspective of the original question or prompt.
- BizCyrano (and those who work for BizCyrano) makes no claims about the specific appropriateness or efficacy of advice offered for any given situation, and indeed can and will not assume any responsibility for any specific actions taken as a result of BizCyrano advice or additional advice or suggestions made by commenters.Continued readership, use, and interaction with BizCyrano (especially, but not limited to, the submission of a question or participation in comments and discussions) shall be considered an understanding and acceptance of this disclaimer and these stipulations. (If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact BizCyrano for clarification prior to further engagement with the site–we’re happy to answer any questions you have.)
- Again, please note that the advice and insights offered on BizCyrano are meant to provide broad perspective, insight, and entertainment and can and should not be construed as instructions or professional advice in any official capacity. All decisions regarding how to proceed in a specific situation should be predicated on the judgement of and as the full and complete responsibility of the person taking the action.
- BizCyrano, parent company Bryant Zamberlan Group, or any individuals related or associated with either, shall be held completely harmless for any actions or results from actions taken by readers of the site. Basically we’re like a good friend with a lot of experience–we can offer advice, insight, and perspective, but the decisions you make are up to you–and both those decisions and any resulting events are your responsibility and your responsiblity alone. You explicitly must agree to waive any right to legal action against the BizCyrano site, its parent company and partners, and individuals associated with it as a condition of participation and interaction with BizCyrano.
- Just as when you call your doctor’s office and the message tells you hang up and call 911 if you are in the midst of an actual emergency, BizCyrano wants to make it clear that if you are in doubt about any professional communications challenge–particularly one of significant importance–BizCyrano is happy to offer our perspective, but absolutely recommends consulting a Human Resources professional or legal counsel before making any decisions. Remember, we only have as much information as you can give us in a paragraph or two.
- When the stakes are high, make sure you get as wide a variety of perspectives as possible, and official counsel when necessary, as the nature of the BizCyrano model leaves us not informed enough (or legally qualified) to offer definitive instruction regarding any specific situation, though we’re happy to offer our two-cents based on our deep experience in the communications field.
- Finally, please don’t forget that all material on this site is copyrighted, either by BizCyrano/Bryant Zamberlan Group or the original, credited, author/source. While you may tweet, link to, or share any item on this site for non-commercial use as much as you like, you must always credit BizCyrano or the original author and, unless unable to do so, link to the original material on the BizCyrano site.
Sound good? Now that you’ve read it once, and if you both understand and agree, we invite you to enjoy the site–and to submit a question of your own! We look forward to seeing you around (via comments, discussion, and social media) and to having fun working through some the thornier professional communications issues out there.
Thank you for visiting BizCyrano!
The BizCyrano (and Bryant Zamberlan Group) team